Goals & Objectives
Photo: Women buy flowers to decorate their homes in the Mekong Delta in Vietnam's Vinh Long province. Courtesy of Nguyen Hoang Kha/Vietnam Rivers Network.
Women and Rivers Congress Goals and Outcomes
Together we will create opportunities to build collaborative relationships, strategize solutions, and catalyze the integration of women’s leadership in water research, policy, management, and decision-making.
- Be inspired by stories of struggle and success.
- Form supportive networks and collaboration for professional development.
- Build partnerships.
- Hone campaign skills and strategies.
- Dialogue across disciplines and sectors.
- Frame the narrative and raise the profile of women water leaders.
Women and Rivers Congress Objectives
- Provide a platform for celebration and recognition of women leaders.
- Share knowledge through first-hand accounts of women-led river protection efforts.
- Provide opportunity for initiating collaboration and joint strategies with fellow women river defenders and stewards.
- Bridge gaps across sectors, institutions, and between sections of society through interactive workshop sessions.
- Provide a forum and process to draw out a state of knowledge on women and rivers.
- Produce a declaration statement to inform future action around river and freshwater governance, including the freshwater thought leaders symposium in 2019 and Rivers for Life 2020.
- Co-create a vision for the future of women-led work that contributes to UN Sustainable Development Goals 5 and 6.